To accommodate the randomizing of a message during digital signature generation and verification, additional operations are needed as specified below.
- Obtain the rv (Randomized Value).
- Randomize the message Ms with rv obtaining the randomized message M.
- Generate a digital signature sig on the randomized message M.
- Provide the original message Ms, the random value rv and the digital signature sig for signature verification.
- The digital signature verifier receives the signature sig′, the message Ms′ and the random value rv′.
- Ms′ is randomized with rv′ (Ms′ is used as Ms, and rv′ is used as rv in the randomization process). Let the randomized result be M′.
- M′ and the signature sig′ are used in the signature verification and validation process.